A Year In Review – 2016
It’s hard to believe that we are already 5 days into the new year! As we launch into 2017, we would like to remember the successes and exciting moments we experienced.
- We got a makeover! After closing the airport this past July to resurface the runway, Ithaca Airport is looking better than ever.
- Our work to repave the runways was honored with an award from the New York State Construction Materials Association. Thanks to everyone who helped with this project!
- We are now the Southern Tier’s hub for flights to Philadelphia with American Airlines, Detroit with Delta, and Newark with United. With one-stop flights available to locations throughout the Northeast, flying out of Ithaca has never been easier or more comfortable!
- Beginning in 2017, we will offer flights on American Airlines’ new Embraer 145 50-passenger jets. Go Jets!
- We welcomed 3 new fire trucks, a gator, and an operations pickup truck to our family!
- We had our first successful customer appreciation week. Stay tuned for another one in 2017.
- We held our 2nd successful Runway 5k and raise $2,000 for the SPCA of Tompkins county.
- Mike Hall was featured on NY1 Online to talk about the importance of early education, and the problems caused by childhood obesity.
- Tompkins County authorized $1 million bond for a new airport jet bridge at ITH.
Thank you for a great year. Your continued support is what has made our progress possible.View more posts