AIRPORT DAY, JUNE 21, 2015
RUNWAY 5K Run - pre-register here.
Location: Ithaca Tompkins Regional Airport
Course: Loop the Runway and Taxiway, flat and fast
From West: Follow Route 13 North to the light at Warren Road (just past the Triphammer Road/Pyramid Mall exit). Turn left on to Warren Road. Turn right at the next light on to Brown Road and follow the signs. The airport terminal and parking will be on your left.
From East: Follow Route 13 South from Dryden to the light at Warren Road (just after the highway becomes a four lane road). Turn right on to Warren Road. Turn right at the next light on to Brown Road and follow the signs. The airport terminal and parking will be on your left.
Time: 9:00 AM (depending on airline schedule) Runners will have only one hour to complete the course due to reopening the airport, firm.
Entry Fee: Preregistration $18.00 and includes T-Shirt and breakfast.(To receive a shirt registration must be in by June 1, 2015.) Register online. The race is limited to 515 entries.
Packet pick-up is race day from 7:00 to 8:30.
Race Day registrations are $25, from 7:30 to 8:15 AM no shirt included.
Awards: First Male & Female overall will receive a $250.00 travel voucher (rebate with proof of travel) toward air fare from Ithaca Tompkins Regional Airport.
Age groups are 1-14, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60+.
Pancake breakfast is included for all runners after the race at The East Hill Flying Club. Show your race number at the entrance.
ChronoTrack Timing for race provided by Leone Timing.
Airport Day festivities:
· Honor Flight: The bus with the veterans on board will be leaving at 7:00 a.m., and the public is encouraged to be on hand to see them off at 6:30 a.m. Twin Tiers Honor Flight, Inc. will transport our heroes to Washington, D.C. to visit and reflect at their memorials.
· Father's Day Pancake Breakfast from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m., at the East Hill Flying Club - $8 and early bird special is $7 if you arrive before 9am. ($5< 10yrs. free< 3yrs.)
· Discovery Flights: all morning ($40)
· 5K down the runway: At 9am - packet pick up will be from 7:00AM to 8:30AM. (pre-register)
· Young Eagle Flights: Any young person 8-17 can fly for FREE from 2PM-4PM: (pre-register)
· BBQ: In the afternoon from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Fuel up on burgers and hotdogs ($2-$3)
Even more…all morning into early afternoon:
· Raptors: Visit with Cornell Raptor Program and live birds of prey
· Movies: Enjoy pictures and movies at "Mike Brown's Aviation Theater"
· Visit with Foodnet Meals on Wheels: Enter a free raffle for a Father’s Day Basket, art activity for kids to include with meal deliveries to seniors.
· Visit with roller skaters from Ithaca League of Women Rollers: Learn about their organization’s adult and youth league, and their exciting home season.
· Visit with the SPCA: Learn about opportunities to get involved or adopting a “furever” friend.
· See “Tommy’, the 1918 Thomas-Morse S4-B Scout airplane: Tommy is being restored by the Ithaca Aviation Heritage Foundation, Inc. (IAHF), leaders of a community wide effort to celebrate Ithaca’s aviation heritage.
· Visit the C-40 airplane on display.
· A selection of Classic Cars will be on exhibit.
· Youth Aviation Scholarships: Throughout the day there is an opportunity to buy a $50 raffle ticket that could win you $7,500 in free flying at East Hill (ONLY 300 tickets!) . The tickets support youth aviation scholarships.