ITH Launches “Are You With Us?” Marketing Campaign
The Ithaca Tompkins Regional airport launched a new marketing campaign that invites the business and leisure travel community to make flying out of ITH the first choice when making travel plans. This is part of efforts to keep planes full and to position ITH for new service and lower rates in the long term.
The new initiatives include:
- An advocacy campaign theme that asks “Are you (w)ITH us?”
- Area business owners and noted public figures will be featured in radio ads.
- Mayor Svante Myrick is featured in a TV commercial advocating for the airport:
- Outreach to community businesses and academic institutions that asks them to choose to fly out of Ithaca instead of driving to other airports. As a nearly $70 million dollar economic engine, ITH is extremely important to the local economy and ITH needs their support.
- The hiring of an airline consultant to address the decline in passenger activity at the airport
- Increased attention to the student population and providing opportunities for students to participate in advocacy for the airport.
- County Administrator Joe Mareane speaks to the importance of the airport to the life and economy of Tompkins County, “Our airport has a vibrant, symbiotic relationship with a community that is at the cutting-edge of the high-tech, knowledge-based economy-an economy that depends on the kind of mobility and access our airport provides. As the airport fills those needs, it contributes to further growth of the local economy. “
- “The Air Services Board and the new airline consultant have already engaged a number of the region’s top employers in making a commitment to support the airport,” said Airport Manager Bob Nicholas.
To join the “Are you (w)ITH us?” campaign, the airport asks participants to commit to:
- Consider flying ITH first, and using the airport for all your travel needs when it is feasible to do so.
- Work with your organization to identify areas where your workforce travels by air or requires aviation to bring in events, stakeholders and other visitors into Tompkins County.
- Identify web sites, printed collateral and other communication methods in your organization where you can promote the airport.
- Spread the word and encourage others to fly ITH.